Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Hidden Treasure vs Nubar 2010

Dupes? Yes indeed.

These two nail polishes had been on my wish list for a long time.
They are exact dupes, except for the fact that the Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure has more flakies packed in.
The photos are taken with one coat of Hidden treasure and two coats of Nubar, no top coat.

I purchased both from Ebay, I've never seen either of these products in Melbourne retail shops.
Nubar I got for $9.95 US with postage, so that's around $9.40 AUD,
Hidden treasures was $24 US + $15  postage.
Yes I could have gotten 4 of the Nubar for the price of one Sally, but I've read that Hidden Treasures is a discontinued product, and i am more than will to pay that price for this bottle of beauty.

The Hidden Treasures brush is perfect for picking up lots of the flakies, it's nice and fat, I only needed two brush strokes per nail to apply.

These both look amazing over a black or dark bases that really make the flakies pop.
However as I work in a corporate office my fingers cant party with their nail polish as often as I'd like them to. Over pink I find it very work appropriate and lots more fun than the China Glaze Encouragement alone.
It looks like I'm wearing pink opals on my nails, I keep staring at them and moving them to catch the light.

My personal preference here is the Hidden Treasures, due to the brush and more flakies, it could also have something to do with me being a sucker for elusive more expensive products.






Do you prefer one over the other?

Stay cool & keep smiling.
X SoozieQ

No comments:

Post a Comment